Life is Great in Sandy, UT

About 91,000 people call Sandy, Utah, home. This medium-size town sits right outside Salt Lake City, offering a more affordable cost of living, friendlier neighbors, and less crime than the big city. Sandy is a very walkable community as well, which many people enjoy. If you’re searching for a great Utah community to call home, it is time to browse the many great Sandy houses for sale and find the perfect property to call your own.

Cost of a Sandy Home

The average price to buy a single-family, two-bedroom home in Sandy is $277,600, although homes priced higher and lower than this amount are out there. About 23% of the Sandy homes are owner occupied, so people looking for rental property have a good shot at finding something very suitable in this area.  Renters pay an average monthly rate of $1,154 to rent a two-bedroom Sandy home. Sandy has a few great neighborhoods that you might wish to call your own. Check out a few neighborhoods and their homes before choosing a home to buy or rent.

Who Lives in Sandy?

Anyone who seeks a tight-knit community with impressive scenery, gorgeous homes, low crime rates, and great education will appreciate Sandy. Plus, it’s just down the road from Salt Lake City so if you ever find yourself seeking an activity, restaurant, etc. that isn’t available locally, you’re always nearby the big city. Approximately 88% of the population in Sandy is white. The other 12% consists of African American, Spanish, and other races. The average median income for Sandy residents is about $79,491. There are about an equal number of men and women living in Sandy, with the average age of 35 for residents.

What’s in Sandy, Utah?

Sandy houses for saleGardner Village

Sandy has a plethora of shopping, dining, and entertainment options for all. There’s certainly no time for boredom in this great town. The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium is a great attraction for families as kids and adults both enjoy viewing the aquatic critters, the shows and educational opportunities. Bells Canyon Trail is the perfect spot for an outdoorsman seeking adventure while Draper City Park is better-suited for a couple hours of fun. Head out to Cowabunga Bay for family fun and be sure to take advantage of a trip to outlaw Distillery to explore beer making. For shopping fun, Gardner Village is the mall of choice for Sandy residents.

Your New Home Awaits

Sandy is an amazing place to call your home, whether you’re looking to rent or buy, have a large family or are just starting to build your life. Homes are affordable as well as the cost of living. Sandy is a laid back, quiet and quaint community with all of the things that residents want and need for quality living without burdensome costs that make life harder than it ever should be. Aren’t you ready to make a new life in Sandy, Utah?  This town has what you want and need in your new home.

View Details